- About Us
- Trade Shows
BIP: 40mm Non-Lethal Weapon Technology
The SDI AdvantageSecurity Devices International (SDI) believes that the competitive advantage of the BIP over other 40 mm non-lethal weapon technology is that it can be used over both short, as well as long distances with a greater level of safety, accuracy, and reliability than competing products.
Most of the 40mm non-lethal weapon technologies on the market today, have a range of 20 meters to 50 meters. Over a shorter range, these ammunition risk injury to the target from the force of its impact at such a close range. Over a longer range, the ammunition’s accuracy degrades and the projectile can tumble, (risking injury to bystanders) possible injury to the upper body, and risk of injury if an un-cushioned portion of the projectile strikes the target.
The BIP has an effective operational range of 3 meters to 80 meters. We believe that the cushioning mechanism built into the BIP allows the BIP to be used in close range situations. We also believe that the aerodynamic characteristics of the BIP allow it to be used with greater accuracy over longer distances.
Although some of SDI’s competitors have various payloads, ranging from marking to OC (Oleoresin Capsicum) rounds, no other company in the less-lethal marketplace has a malodorant payload. Unique from any round in this space, SDI’s malodorant payload round contains a highly noxious medium, that delivers a terrible odor. Upon impact the pungent liquid is dispersed in a concentrated area on or around the target. This scent can be used for identification purposes and acts as a deterrent to disperse crowds.Read More
SDI Training Courses
Receive our Press Releases
- SDI Continues to Penetrate the Market and Exceeds Comparative Product Testing March 27, 2014
- SDI Provides Corporate Update February 13, 2014
- SDI Sells Operational Deployment Rounds; Retains Integral Capital Markets as Market Maker December 20, 2013
- SDI’s Blunt Impact Rounds Featured at International SWAT Competition November 28, 2013
- SDI Appoints Duane Parnham and David Goodbrand to the Board of Directors November 2, 2013